Hosta, First Frost
- A sport of 'Halcyon' with the same intense blue-green leaf center
- Emerges with a gold margin early in the spring, then changes to pure white later in the season
- The leaves hold up well in the garden all season long until the "first frost"
- Light lavender flowers appear on 28 inch scapes in midsummer
This premium hosta variety is part of a group of the finest hostas available today. Members of this collection were evaluated and selected by a group of specialty hosta growers in zones 4-7, who together have a combined total of over 150 years of hosta growing experience. To be considered a premium hosta, plants must perform superbly in all four zones (4-7). They must also exhibit exemplary garden presence and performance, have a long season of appeal in the landscape, have leaves of good substance, and demonstrate a greater resistance to common garden pests.
- 16" H with 28-30" Flower Scapes
- 36" W
- Blooms Midsummer
- Part Shade, Full Shade
- Zone 3-9
Hostas are exceedingly popular perennials in today's gardens due to their versatility in the landscape. Their subtle colors, tall flower scapes, and broad, coarse leaves fill a niche in garden designs that few other plants can achieve. Their large leaves provide excellent coverage for dying bulb foliage. Hostas also grow well in city environments where the air may be polluted by car exhaust, etc.